White bloke in a relationship with a Sikh girl, without her family knowing

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
<div>Good afternoon all.

I am new to this site and this is my first thread, so please be kind.

Right where do I begin.
I've been dating this girl for around 6 months now, but we've had to keep our relationship secret from her family, due to me not being a Sikh, being white and also her parents wanting her to have an arranged marriage.

She has alway quite openly given her objections about how an arranged marriage would not work for her, that she wants to be in Love before she marries, but her dad has told her if that is the case then she will have to deal with the consequences.
Also she has been told she will be marrying a Jatt Sikh, which is considered quite a good due to Jatt's being associated with landowners, but she has always told me that is against what Sikhism is about, equality.
After joining this forum, and reading quite a number of threads seems to back her view up.

Her sister recently found out about us, the reaction wasn't good.
She told her to dump me asap, to which she started telling her 'do you know how this will affect our parents, it will destroy them' etc.
She continued, with saying how she didn't know what she really wanted, and should go and see a doctor, he might refer her to a councillor, believing the only reason she was with me, was to take her mind off not having a job(she graduated from University about a 2-3 years ago).
The thing she has told me that her sister has also had a long term relationship in secret while at university herself, but broke it off at the end of University, due to her parents and in the future having an arranged marriage herself.
<font color="black"><font face="Verdana">The main reason why I've added this, I was wanting other people

More...