New Scam?

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
WJKK WJKF

I've just come back from my lunch hour and want to share what has just happened..

A guy in a turban come up to me addressed me as "panji" and asked whether there were any shops in the area that sell pooja items. I told him he would not get them in this area, but maybe if he goes to Ilford. He asked me to write journey details and whilst I done this he broke out into telling me that he has read my forehead and that I am going through a bad time etc.

He said I don't read the Path and I should. Corrected him and said I read Japji and Rehras, so he said I should read the Sukhmani too and offer black lentils to the birds. I gave him back the paper with the route to Ilford and he handed me a paper scrunched up. I knew I should have walked away at this point but the curiousity got the better of me. He asked me to think of 2 names of flowers and how many brothers I've got. The first flower represented my past and the second my present. Then he asked me to open the piece of paper he gave to me and it had the second flower I named and the number of brothers correct. I know this is a scam but how did he do it I don't know.

At this point I walked off and he asked for a donation, saying "Wahegurro sab tikh kardo ga". But then he said he wanted £21. I said he is not getting that. He accused me of listening to his reading and that I should donate. I was getting really annoyed at this point so told him I have a £5 note he is welcome to take that (just to get him off my case), but I never asked him for any reading and that you approached me. He never took £5 and I walked away feeling really uncomfortable.

Has this happened to anyone else?

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

More...