Insult to whom?

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
Wahehguru ji ka khalsa,
Wahehguru ji ki fateh!

Cyber Sangat ji,

It is with great sadness that I have see things like this:

DNA - India - I didn’t realise the symbol’s sanctity: Mandira - Daily News & Analysis

dotted around the internet over the last few days, and I have read many strong words from my fellow Sikhs condeming this woman, I read about burning effigies, and calls to have this woman punished.

What saddens me, is I really don't understand why?

Ikokar the first words contianed in our everlasting Guru ji, are indeed very important to us, the symbol of Ikonkar, what it means, the symbolisim behind both the words them self and the image of the script.

Yet there are just words, it is only a symbol. I ask how can a symbol feel insult?

Or perhaps it is insulting to Sikhi, to our religion? Then I say a religon is an idea, it is not an entity, but an idea, a principle, again how can an idea feel insult?

Or perhaps the insult I am hearing about is to God?

God can be insulted? How would one even attempt such a thing?

No I can only see man taking insult, only people, feeling insulted by this woman. Can it be true then, mankind knows better than God what is bad and what is good?

God we are taught is all, is indeed one, or Ikonkar, God is surly in this symbol Ikonkar, and surly present in the TV star who has it tattoed on her back.

Ikonkar sat naam! I'll say that again, Ikonkar sat naam!

We all know what this means don't we, how then can God insult God, or does mankind deeply immersed in maya as he is, think that he knows best?

Hatred, burning effigies, calls for punishment, does this seem Sikhish, is there any room for such thinking, is this the future of Sikhi?

I surly hope not.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

More...