Evolution & Sikhism

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
SSA,

Charles Darwin's 18th century revolutionary explanantion about humans that humans just eveolved. Later many other scientitsts believed humans evolved and so do universe and evolved out of nothing which suggests 'No God'. Though Darwin thoery is critisiced as well in many sections of scienttists and being a Sikh i also beleive in God who created universe and all of us but few Qs comes in my mind which i would like to explore in sikhism if sadh sangat could help

1. If we, for instance, beleive in 'No God' thory then fundamental Question is why humans? Why only humans evolved to this level of consciouness and not any other animals? And if we go back to millions of years inspecting human fossils by carbon dating it suggests humans were humans even millions of millions year ago which mean we evolved morally than from other forms. Also 'By Chance Creation & Evolution' without any 'Godly Intervention' can't evolve morally as there is nothing like 'Moralilty' at genetic level. So this theory takes us back to 'God'.

2. And if we do beleive in 'God exists'
- Then again why only humans have this high level of consciouness and not other animals?
- According to Sikhism/many other religions, every animal possesses soul, then what makes nature/creator decide which soul to possess in which animal form. Would it be random or something else (Apart from 'Karma' becuase Karma will decide whether you reach salvation or not. And if not, born as human or animal/other organism. And if animal/other organism how Karma can decide which animal/pther organism as not many animals/other organisms are better than other?
- And if something does decide which animal to become then what brings those animals back to human form as neither do they have that kind of consciouness to increase their level of soul nor do they have any Karma effect as animal do what animals do, they don't have moral values to effect their karma.

Does sikhism touch this topic? If yes, i'm curious to find out. Any sincere contribution to these thought are appreciated.

Thanks

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

More...