Test of Faith

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
<div>First, I would like to warmly greet everyone again. It's been a while since I've stopped by here. This was always a fun forum when it first started up =).

Now to the topic of discussion :

Why is that religious believers define things as a "test of faith" regardless of all the hard evidence placed in front of them? You see this in every religion about multiple topics. Christianity with creationism, regardless of how much evolutionary evidence we show them, they continually believe that its just a "test of faith".

Sikhs see the same things with regards to their religion. Karma, Re-incarnation, God-like creation, 5 K's. With all the evidence we place to them, the responses you get are "this is just kalyjug, its a test of faith".

Sikhs often see people as dumb, or weak, when they choose to lose their faith for the terms of evidence placed in front of them. I've met a few sikhs who were along the lines of "if you do not practice the faith you were raised in, or doubt it, your just a weak person." Now, in today's world, how does this remotely make any sense? I think its more correct to say that the Sikh who says that is the weak one, for he can not handle evidence placed in front of him in an analyzing matter.

There is no test of faith, this is what we call free will. And with free will, there is a general progression to agnosticism. So, why is it regardless of all the evidence you throw at a religious person, they believe its all a test of faith and that they must remain strict, and never "doubt"?

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Jesus, what did you guys do to this place with all these adds >_