I cannot Keep My Hair No Longer

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Im a sikh man (aged 18) and I wanted to confess that I can no longer keep my hair. I don't feel comfortable with long hair, I feel woozy whenever I wear a pakta, I have eczema so keeping my hair under pakta traps heat to my scalp which excessively dries my scalp causes it to bleed and itch severely. I shave because it's the same scenario that when I keep the hair on my face, my face begins to itch and bleed and my eczema flares up but when I shave, my face stays soft and cool. I been wanting to cut my hair for a long time but I just hadn't because my mum would most probably refuse and I just had this gut feeling not too but now I can't handle it and been feeling like this for the last year. I know to cut my hair will be to take another step away from god but to feel this despair on my shoulders is a burden. In honestly I've broken mainly every rule in Sikhism except sex before marriage which I'll most probably break too :/. But due to the fact that I already shave which is cutting your hair I know I've already disrespected god so would cutting my hair disrespect him more. I just need real advice.

More...